£18 - £19 per hour
11 days ago
Lettings Negotiator (Private Sector Initiatives Officer)
Remedy Recruitment are currently working with a Local Authority in London and are currently seeking an experienced Lettings Negotiator (Private Sector Initiatives Officer) to work within a busy housing team.
** Salary- £18-£19 PH **
** Start- ASAP**
- To contribute to Private Sector and Housing Strategies by ensuring the council procures the optimum number of suitable homes from the private sector to use for the prevention and relief of homelessness, in accordance with the law, Council policies and procedures and at or above target levels set by the Council.
- To ensure that tenancies created by the council's schemes are sustainable.
- To work flexibly across the council's private renting schemes to provide procurement, sustainment and management services as and when required.
- To work to an excellent standard with private sector landlords and agents.
- To ensure that the quality of private sector tenancies created meets agreed standards
- To sustain tenancies created by the councils' schemes as required.
- To manage a caseload of tenancy sustainment cases or tenancies created
- To manage tenancies created under the councils Social Lettings Agency scheme as required.
- To ensure all payments are made strictly in accordance with the council's policies and procedures.
- To promote the councils PRS options to landlords and letting agents
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Good negotiation skills are essential
- Experience of procuring or acquiring private rented sector tenancies is essential.
- Experience of sustaining private rented sector tenancies is desirable.
- Experience of property management within the private rented sector would be useful.
- Excellent negotiation skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of the Housing Act 1996 Part VII would be useful.
- Working knowledge of security of tenure and environmental health legislation is useful.
If you are the successful candidate for the role, please call Bronte at Remedy on 0208 418 7677.