£75 - £90 per day
3 months ago
Long term perm
**Can you build a strong rapport with pupils with challenging behaviour?**
**Can you make a difference to a pupil where mainstream education hasn't been able to help?**
**Experience working as either an SEN TA or LSA?**
Have you had experience with young people with;
- Autism/ Learning Difficulties / ASD/ SEN/ EBD?
Currently recruiting for an outstanding LSA for an Alternative Provision in Lewisham. Full time and ongoing long term position to start immediately! You will be an energetic, resilient and dedicated Learning Support Assistant (LSA) who has excellent experience working with SEN students. You will have excellent knowledge of the curriculum, as there are occasions when some of your pupils may need to be pulled out of their class and require additional help. You lead your students with clear example with a positive attitude. Additionally you can build a strong rapport with young people.
It is beneficial is you have experience in either a PRU/ SEN or Mainstream school and worked with pupils with varying conditions, ie, Autism / challenging behaviour /EBD/ SEMH/ SEN etc . Additionally as an SEN TA / LSA you would have some experience teaching on a 1:1 basis or within small groups. This post is to commence immediately so it's vital you have an in date DBS with the update service. This role is until July 2019 and then will re-commence in September 2019 for the right individual!
They aim to engage and enthuse their pupils to have clear aspirations & goals!
The successful LSA will have the following;
- Experience with children or vulnerable adults with challenging behaviour
- Worked as either an SEN TA or LSA
- Worked with students on either a 1:1 basis or within small groups
- Able to build a strong rapport with your pupils
- Able to cope under pressure & to maintain your composure
- Experience in supporting teachers & individual SEN pupils with their day to day learning and development (in an SEN or Mainstream Education)
If you are interested in the above position please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education.