North London, London
about 1 month ago
earning Support Assistant/North London/ASAP Start
- Experience with SEMH, EBD, Severe Challenging Behaviour and ASD
- Based in North London
- Fantastic resources and facilities for students to access
Remedy Education are recruiting Learning Support Assistants to work on a full-time basis within SEND School in North London.
You will be supporting pupils with different SEND needs such as SEMH, EBD, Severe Challenging Behaviour and ASD, experience of supporting pupils with SEND needs is desirable but is essential. The ideal individual will be dedicated to supporting children of different age groups. We are looking to appoint someone enthusiastic and dynamic, who is also willing to learn new skills to support the pupils.
- Comfortable supporting pupils with various Learning Difficulties
- Working in a year 5 and 6 mixed class. All students have complex special educational needs including global development delay, autism and speech and language needs.
- You will be required to work with students in small groups, 1:1 on occasion and cover some non-core subject lessons such as PE or PSHE if the class teacher is out for a meeting.
- Happy to support pupils with either SEMH, EBD or ASD
- Ability to engage and support pupils
- Assist with personal care if needed
- Supervising pupils' behaviour
- You will need to know how to use an iPad and have basic IT skills to support with behaviour monitoring and recording.
- Experience of supporting children or young adults with learning difficulties or disabilities
- Knowledge of either SEMH, EBD or ASD
- Confident to initiate activities with students to redirect behaviours and re-engage in learning.
- Able to stay calm and de-escalate challenging Behaviour
- Valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Available 5-days a week and able to commit to at least 3-9 months
Remedy Education is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants must have an Enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you would like more information or would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV today or contact Zeki on or via email