East London, London
£70 - £110 per day
about 2 months ago
Learning Mentor - East London
I am currently working with is a SEMH Secondary school in East London where the students who attend the school have SEMH/EBD.
The school have a lovely team of staff who are very supportive of both staff and students. They are looking for a Learning mentor.
This role includes:
- Working alongside children who may be experiencing difficulties in learning due to social, emotional, or mental health concerns.
- Enabling all pupils to overcome difficulties to achieve their full potential alongside an amazing team.
- Working with parents/carers
- Enabling additional ways to support the students
- Working as a member of the Schools strong Safeguarding team to ensure the welfare of our children remains paramount.
The successful candidate must be:
- Strong behaviour management, confident and innovative
- Be available Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Can commit to the full academic year
- Previous experience working within a SEN school or mainstream school supporting SEN students
- Be able to travel to East London
- Team Teach/Restraint trained (desirable not essential)
- We are looking for candidates who have proven skills and abilities of working with vulnerable children within a school/educational setting.
- We would also welcome candidates who can demonstrate the skills required in supporting parents and dealing with safeguarding issues.
If you are interested in this position, please contact