£85 - £95 per day
16 days ago
Behaviour Mentor - Redbridge - ASAP Start
This is more than a job. This a role for those seeking to make a difference in the lives of young people. We are seeking an experienced Secondary Behaviour Mentor, with strong relationship building skills to be a positive role model for students. You will need to be able to set clear boundaries, be patient and proactive. Every day will be different, but you will need to provide a consistent approach to support pupils to improve their personally and academically.
Working in a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) with SEMH students you will join a high performing team who are committed to creating a stimulating and purposeful learning environment. The focus of the school is not just academic but pastoral as well, with both elements being included in the curriculum to ensure students are participating in their own learning and achieving their full potential. This role is to start in October 2019 and continue until the end of the academic year. Permanent positions are often offered to strong candidates after this.
You would be responsible for working 1:1 and in small groups, running interventions and role modelling positive behaviour. All pupils will require support to achieve their GCSEs. Students will also be working towards vocational qualifications and are supported to develop life and social skills through personal development programmes run by the school including: anger management, making positive choices, healthy lifestyles and independent living.
The voice of the child is central to the ethos of this school. All students are encouraged to share their views and to be active participants in the school community. Opportunities for team work and leadership and provided to develop skills such as co-operation, communication and taking responsibility. Staff take an active role in helping students develop confidence, self-respect, and ownership for their own success.
We are shortlisting applicants for interviews now.
The Behaviour Mentor would:
- Work with classes of 5-10 pupils
- Work alongside 1 class teacher and a team of mentors
- Support students with SEMH
- Be Team Teach trained and able to use positive restraints (desired but not essential)
- Involve students in setting their own goals and ensuring lessons are differentiated to support each individual learner
- Work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to ensure students receive holistic support
The school has:
- Been rated OFSTED Outstanding
- Pupils aged 7-16 years of age
- A strong leadership approach with high expectations staff and students
- A focus on the student voice
- A multidisciplinary approach with access to therapists
- A wide range of academic and vocational programmes including Functional Skills, Life Skills, BTEC, GCSE, A Level courses and Duke of Edinburgh Awards for bronze, silver and gold.
- Alternative learning programmes and outreach services
If this position is of interest to you please do not hesitate to apply as these roles start next week! Please contact Ryan @ Remedy education.