£42 - £43 per hour
3 months ago
Our Client, Lambeth Social Services, is looking for a Team Manager to join their Children with Disabilities Team.
* Managing the case loads of 6 social workers.
* Promote a high standard of recording by workers and quality assure the standard of recording via the supervision process.
* Ensure that the professional development needs of all staff are met by regular supervision and review, in accordance with the Council's policy; recorded on appropriate systems and a copy given to each member of staff.
* Support mentoring and coaching to enhance quality of practice.
* Attending a number of meetings in ensuring care planning and decisions are made in the best interest of the child. / Children Such as childcare reviews, child protection conferences, legal planning meetings, Legal tracking, resource panels, complex needs panel whereby joint funding is required court hearings, adoption tracking, placement tracking, NEET tracking, placement stability tracking, semi-independent placement tracking.
* Using evidence-based practice, work with staff on the development and implementation of quality standards and procedures that will ensure continuous improvement in service delivery.
* Quality assurance of a number of reports such as the CPR, Lac reviews reports, Statutory visits, court reports including care plan, statements, Viability assessments, parenting assessments, pathway plans, Peps, social workers cases, monthly supervision audits and a number of other reports.
* Liaising with Service manager and Assistant Director regarding high profile or complex cases, unallocated work and performance issues within the Team.
* Attending Scrutiny Panel to discuss team performance and discuss strategic to improve services and performance
* Lead, motivate, nurture and monitor direct reports and multi-agency professionals where appropriate, ensuring the services provided are effective and delivering positive outcomes
Ability to assist in monitoring the work of the Team in order to be able to evaluate practice and to identify unmet need
Ability to create innovative, appropriate packages of care in order to maximise independence whilst minimising risk
Ability to deal sensitively with people who are under stress
Ability to deal with highly sensitive and, possibly, distressing information in a manner which allows for positive risk management but adheres to confidentiality policies.
Ability to identify and manage risk, including positive risk taking. Ability to understand issues involved in the assessment and management of risk
Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Good time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines, especially with reports
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 2 years post qualifying managerial experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV