£30 - £31.15 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client, Knowsley Borough Council is looking for a social worker to join their MASH team.
Under the supervision of the Adult Safeguarding Team Manager within the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), the post-holder will ensure that the needs of adults referred to the team are identified, met, safeguarded and monitored in accordance with the requirements of the Care Act 2014 and Knowsley's safeguarding policy and procedures, including other relevant requirements and legislation. Provide adult safeguarding advice and support to professionals and members of the public when safeguarding concerns have been received in MASH, in accordance with criteria guidance and the multi-agency adult safeguarding policy and procedure In line with the local threshold guidance, the post holder will undertake safeguarding enquiries in consultation with other key professionals in order to attempt to minimise risk and impact of potential abuse upon adults with care and support needs and their carers. Establish and maintain good, collaborative working relationship with partner agencies providing a service to adults with care and support needs in accordance with the adult safeguarding policy and procedure.
1. Promote the welfare and safeguarding of adults in Knowsley.
2. To respond to safeguarding referrals received through Knowsley's Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub
3. Ensure interim/long term protection/risk management plans are in place in accordance with the principles and practice of Making Safeguarding Personal. Ensuring that people are actively involved in the safeguarding process and supporting the outcomes they wish to achieve, in consultation with family/carers and key professionals.
4. Have a good understanding of the Care Act 2014, MCA and DoLS legislation.
5. To carry out safeguarding enquiries within a timely manner.
6. Ensure assessments and planning for people, actively promote the participation and engagement of all relevant agencies, the person and their family.
7. Prepare/formulate support plans for people which take account of their views/ wishes in the implementation of those support plans.
8. To maintain case records to a high standard and produce reports in accordance with the Service guidance/policy and procedure which reflect national guidelines using the relevant information technology.
9. To participate in developmental activities as may be required, and to promote improvement of service or the use of resources.
10. Ensure the statutory duties of the Council are fulfilled and met in accordance with legal requirements and Service responsibilities to promote and safeguard a vulnerable person's welfare.
11. To pursue appropriate personal and professional training and development opportunities as and when they occur to ensure compliance with Social Work England and Directorate standards/expectations.
12. To comply with all the Council's Standing orders and Financial regulations.
13. Any other duties (commensurate with the grade) which will assist the Service in meeting its objectives.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.