£80 - £90 per day
about 1 month ago
Are you a passionate individual looking to make a difference to vulnerable young people's lives?
If the answer is yes, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Job Coach to work with a brilliant Further Education College.
Strong SEN background and people who has helped with getting young people into jobs when they leave school/college
- To complement the professional work of instructors and group leaders by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. Supporting the instructors, group Leaders and senior Job coaches to supporting learning activities for individuals/groups or short term for the whole class, supporting and contribute to the monitoring students and reporting on student's achievement, progress, and development.
- Job coaches will be required to go off-site with students to work placements and to take an active role is supporting students on a work placement through being proactive and engagement with both the student and employer.
- Work placements take place both indoors and outdoors and can include travel (usually a combination of walking and public transport) with students and being on your feet most of a day. Lastly, this role can sometimes require providing students assistance with personal care.
You will be required to actively support SEN students who are looking for work to access work placements and progress into paid employment, providing them with job search skills, support within work placements and in the classroom in order to facilitate their achievement of identified goals.
You must have experience of working effectively with students with barriers to learning as well as establishing networks and developing, managing and delivering projects with various stakeholders and delivering programmes of activities with young people both individually and in groups which enables them to pursue their learning to enhance their future development.
What will you need:
* Experience in the role or similar
* Full understanding of safeguarding policies and practices
* Understanding of SEN
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'Apply Now'. If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.