West London, London
£35.00 - £38.00 per hour + Depending on experience
2 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) for a Looked After Children Team based in a Local Authority in West London.
- To chair looked after children reviews. To provide specialist consultation and quality assurance.
- To be responsible for making recommendation at reviews ensuring that there is a framework for reviewing compliance with the plans made
- To ensure that children/young people are consulted and participate in their conferences, and that their children's rights are adequately addressed To promote high quality service delivery and customer care
- To provide a quality assurance function to ensure that plans are progressed, to monitor and provide feedback to senior managers to assist with service development.
- To challenge service decisions where necessary to fulfil an agreed care plan and to use statutory powers to escalate to senior management and external bodies where appropriate.
- Evidence of ongoing professional training and development in line with the requirements as set out by the GSCC
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding and knowledge of issues relating to looked after children, principles behind permanency planning for children and young people, the enhanced IRO role, and relevant child care legislation.
- The ability to provide high quality advice and consultation to practitioners and partner agencies.
- Ability to chair complex multi disciplinary meetings that include children, their parents and carers, and resolve conflicts effectively whilst maintaining independence and keeping the child's interests as the paramount factor in making recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with adults, professionals and children and young people of all ages, ethnic and social backgrounds and abilities.
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly