£160 - £180 per day
about 1 month ago
Humanities Teacher - Enfield, London
- Qualified SEN or Mainstream ECT or Experienced Teacher (MPS or UPS)
- Recently taught Humanities or History and Geography at KS3 & KS4?
- SEN experience with children with Behaviour Difficulties? (ie SEMH/ CAMHS/ ASC/ODD/ADD/ MLD etc)?
- Keen to work in a PRU?
IF you answer yes to the above, this could be the perfect job for you!
Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) located in Enfield, who would like to appoint a SEN Humanities Teacher / Teacher of Humanities (MPS or UPS).September 2022 appointment!
This PRU caters to children who have been diagnosed with SEMH and Complex Needs between the ages 11 - 16 years.
Class sizes at this PRU are small typically between 5 - 7 children per class.
This post would suit either a ECT or Experienced Humanities Teacher / Teacher of Humanities (MPS or UPS). Would be preferable if you have taught one or more of the Humanities Subjects (ie History/ Geography/ RS/ PSHE).
The successful Teacher of Humanities / Humanities Teacher Teacher of History / History Teacher/ Teacher of Geography / Geography Teacher / RE Teacher / Teacher of RE will be well qualified (ie Teach First/ ITT/ PGCE/ Cert Ed/ SCITT/ GTP/ QTS etc).
You must have been rated a minimum of "Good" in lesson observations and able to teach fun and engaging lessons!
You will have great SEN experience, ie CAMHS/ SEMH/ ASC/ ASD/ MLD/ODD/ADD/ ADHD/ Challenging Behaviour etc.
You must have taught in either a Mainstream Secondary School/ SEN School / Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) or Alternative Provision.
You have excellent knowledge of your subject(s), can build a strong rapport with young people and able to de-escalate behaviour well.
- Qualified Teacher (ie PGCE/ Cert Ed/GTP/Teach First/ SCITT / QTS etc)
- ECT or Experienced Humanities Teacher / Teacher of Humanities welcome to apply!
- Taught Key Stage 3 & 4 Humanities (minimum)
- Experience teaching in either a PRU/ Alternative Provision/ SEN School or Mainstream School * SEN Experience - CAMHS/ SEMH/ Complex Needs/ ASD/ ADHD etc
- Can successfully de-escalate challenging behaviour
- Must live close to Enfield