7 months ago
Housing Solutions Officer Role.
Paying up to £21 hourly
- Ensure that applicants in housing need or facing homelessness are offered a range of suitable housing options together with appropriate housing advice, to prevent homelessness
- Provide applicants with advice in relation to security of tenure, ensuring Tenants /Landlord rights and obligations are understood as defined by the Landlord and Tenants Act, Protection from Eviction Act and other related legislation
- Carry out negotiations with applicants, their families, friends, landlords, solicitors, mortgage companies and other relevant parties to delay or prevent homelessness
- Implement appropriate referral processes to other agencies for additional specialist advice and support.
- Work proactively, using all knowledge to apply appropriate options to prevent homelessness, ensuring Council resources including financial resources is used to sustain and provide affordable solutions to applicant's housing issues
- Create appropriate pathways for all applicants and issue relevant letters which clearly provide an action plan
- Investigate and make decisions on the Councils statutory duty towards applicants who are homeless within 28 days under Part VI and Part VII Housing Act 1996(as amended by Housing Act 2002)
- Develop appropriate re-housing plans for applicants where the Council has a duty to house, giving a reasoned decision on how the duty will be discharged and to make any necessary arrangements to discharge duty
- To refer applicants to supported housing schemes and low cost home ownership where the applicant meets the criteria
- To provide statutory advice and assistance to applicants found to be ineligible, intentionally homeless or not in priority need
- Refer applicants to temporary accommodation where necessary
- To advise the temporary accommodation officer on any special requirements
- To ensure that case notes are maintained at all times and letters confirming advice and assistance are given to all customers
- To maintain detailed statistics of all homeless assessments undertaken and to assist with the collection of local and national statistics
- To provide support and assistance to the other members of the Housing Solutions team as linked to performance management schemes.
- To attend meetings as requested by the line manager or any other senior manager
please call Bronte on 0208 418 7677 for more information.