£16 - £17 per hour
about 1 month ago
Housing Solutions Officer - Berkshire
- To promote and publicise available housing initiatives for both the public and private sector that are accessible and achievable in order to resolve housing issues by allowing clients to maintain or adapt their own homes or by creating movement and vacancies within the Council's social housing stock.
- To develop new initiatives in line with the Government's agenda for housing, the housing strategy and identified local need
- To identify applicants and tenants who are suitable for any one of a range of housing initiatives including shared ownership, portable discount, under occupation and out of borough schemes which meet housing need and release social housing units
- To discuss and assess appropriate housing renovation and adaptation options for clients and support them throughout the work or relocation to ensure all parties are fully informed about the Updated: March 2016 progress of works.
- To visit clients in their own homes and carry out as required a 'Test of Resources' and discuss all their needs with reference to welfare benefits and home renovations, including advice about practical and financial assistance that maybe available, referring clients to other benefit agencies as appropriate.
- Where appropriate to raise funds from trusts, charities and private sector initiatives to enable clients to have the works carried out. To be responsible for ensuring that funders receive all the information they require and to liaise with clients on behalf of the funders.
- To provide clients with information and support with reference to energy efficiency, home safety and security and a range of other issues including the Homeloans scheme.
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with other council departments, including health and social care, health authorities, benefits agencies, charities and other relevant statutory and voluntary agencies.
- To represent the section in liaison with other groups and agencies both in and outside of the council and give presentations in a professional and promotional capacity for the home improvement agency and the portfolio of housing solutions that are available for the council to deploy .
- Undertake all relevant administration tasks relating to each of the housing initiatives including maintaining records and spreadsheets to monitor outcomes
Please email for more info.