about 1 month ago
Housing Solutions Officer.
Remedy Recruitment are working in partnership with a local authority in Essex and are seeking an experienced Housing Solutions Officer. The main element of the role will be to provide a good quality customer focused front line Housing Solutions Service
**Start Date- ASAP**
Main Duties and Responsibilities-
- Interview clients, undertake assessments within statutory and policy frameworks, provide ongoing support and maintain client contact
- Carrying out home visits or visits to hospitals and other relevant sites
- Preventing homelessness, hospital admissions and delayed discharges from a range of supported and institutional accommodation and care
- Collect information relating to applications from a variety of sources
- Progress cases, from application to final outcome and evaluation including administration of reviews and the collection of any additional required information from a range of sources
- Provide information on all available housing, support and other related services
- Make decisions within legal and policy frameworks
- Provide positive outcomes for clients using a full range of options and empowering where possible
- Assist clients to access specialist support services as required (for example, advocacy services, tenancy support, equipment and adaptations, city wide alarms)
- Interpret and support clients of the Local Authority through the Council's Lettings Policy, including assistance with the bidding process
- Providing office duty work
- Liaise with other statutory and voluntary sector organisations,
- Arrange interim accommodation with the Interim Accommodation Team where required
- Assist in reaching all targets across the Housing Solutions Service
- Manage own targets specific to the post
- Respond to customer queries and/or complaints
- Respond to telephone, mail and electronic enquiries
- Produce and present reports including making recommendations on any aspect of the Housing Solutions Service
- Develop links with partners and across Housing Solutions Service
- Understand standards and outputs required across the service
- Understand appropriate legislation, local priorities, guidance and procedures
The successful candidate will require the following-
- Energetic, bright and enthusiastic people who embrace change positively and who wish to achieve better outcomes for people at risk of homelessness.
- Negotiating and mediation skills, whilst being emphatic to these difficult circumstances.
- An excellent team player who can multi-task with ease.
- 2 year's experience within Housing.
Please contact Bronte at Remedy for more information. 0208 418 7677