7 months ago
Remedy Recruitment are working with the Local Authority within London and are currently seeking an experienced Housing Officer. This is a fast pace, exciting role that sits within the Housing Needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities-
- Take a proactive approach towards developing and maintaining strong working relationships with a range of key stakeholders, in resolving ASB cases.
- Take responsibility for ensuring self-awareness and understanding of current legislation & best practise in ASB management.
- Take responsibility for managing your own caseloads, escalating cases at your own discretion but in accordance with legislation, policy and procedure, seeking the advice or authorisation of your line manager where appropriate.
- Be proactive in solving a wide range of customer enquiries and problems on a day to day basis, using your own initiative to make and communicate clear & sensible decisions to customers, seeking the approval of your line manager where policy and procedure dictates.
- Communicate proficiently in a variety of formats with other colleagues across the HM dept. in order to ensure a joined up approach to Tenancy Management.
- Ensure the best possible start to each new Tenancy through effective communication with the HA team in making appropriate decisions on nomination acceptances, involvement at the sign up stage, and in maintaining a strict regime of new tenant visits.
- Work autonomously in managing workloads in order to ensure a consistently meticulous level of estate management via estate inspections & multiagency walkabouts.
The successful candidate will require the following attributes-
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience within a customer service environment working for a Housing Association or other public service organisation, in a capacity which involved face-to-face interaction with customers, resolving difficult issues.
- Understanding of the role and scope of Social Housing providers, and access to these services.
- Understanding of the range of stakeholders & partners concerned with social housing, and a proven history of communicating with such organisations.
If you have the necessary skills and experience required for this role please contact-
Marcus 0208 418 7677
Michelle 0208 418 7677
Bronte 0208 418 7677.