£13 - £15 per hour
4 days ago
Remedy Recruitment - Homelessness Officer
Recent housing experience is required.
- Assess, investigate and make homelessness decisions on cases against current legislation and case law so that they stand up to legal scrutiny.
- Keep comprehensive case notes and evidence to support the decision-making process and ensure these are updated on each contact.
- Communicate decisions, both verbally and in writing, to relevant parties to ensure they are understood and acted upon appropriately.
- Provide mediation and liaison with all parties who influence or have a stake in any individual's homelessness, e.g. friends, GPs, hospitals to avert homelessness where possible.
- To ensure households are appropriately assessed for temporary and permanent accommodation to ensure appropriate accommodation is sourced, communication with partners is ongoing about case progress and a settled housing option is secured in an efficient and timely manner.
- Deliver basic debt and welfare benefits advice to clients to ensure the impacts of welfare reform are mitigated and affordable housing solutions are accessed.
- Assess households against local and national criteria to see if they are eligible for appropriate interventions, e.g. Prevention Fund, DGS, Mortgage Rescue.
- Provide a presence at local court hearings potentially defending customers who have been issued with possession proceedings.
- Organise and take part in case conferences with external partners to resolve housing issues.
- Develop and share a comprehensive network of contacts in the statutory, voluntary and private sector and with all registered social landlords operating in the area.
Please email or call 0208 418 7676.