£25 - £27.43 per hour
14 days ago
Our client, Herefordshire Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Safeguarding team.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- To carry a caseload in line with the organisational needs of the Directorate.
- To assess the needs of children, young people, families and carers, take appropriate follow up action in consultation with colleagues, and to plan and implement suitable service provision to safeguard children from harm and meet their identified needs.
- To undertake preventative and supportive work with children and families in need.
- To undertake risk assessments.
- To promote effective planning for children and young people where there are ongoing needs due to: - Care, Supervision or Adoption Proceedings or Orders - Entry to the looked after system
- To participate in training and development activities to ensure up to date knowledge and skills
- To undertake day time office duty on a rota basis
- To contribute to the development of knowledge and skills of other team members or students as required.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
* Substantial experience in a Referral & Assessment team.
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.