£200 - £270 per day
about 1 month ago
- Work collaboratively with Council Directors, Managers and staff across the organisation to ensure high standards of health and safety management are maintained.
- To work flexibly across service areas and with partners to achieve the objectives of the Council.
- To raise health and safety performance in Haringey by contributing to a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency.
- To develop, implement and monitor health and safety policy, management procedures, systems and guidance across a range of safety critical and statutory areas both departmentally and corporately.
- To plan and complete detailed health and safety management audits as part of the Council's 3 year audit programme in accordance.
- To support directors and senior managers in managing health and safety by providing required reports e.g. performance reports, annual reports, etc.
- To develop, implement, deliver and evaluate health and safety training including e-learning.
- To coordinate on service areas and corporate projects relating to health, safety and associated issues as required.
- To support managers in their understanding and use of the risk assessment process to ensure all significant risks are properly and proportionally assessed and recorded.
- To investigate significant or serious incidents and to advise, report and make recommendations on any necessary local or corporate action.
- To participate as a competent advisor in consultations and negotiations with Trade Unions and managers on health and safety matters.
- To consult and liaise with the HSE, national and local occupational health and safety groups and other local authorities and organisations.
- To access, use and develop the online health and safety information systems within the health and safety team.
- To achieve and maintain professional status and keep up to date with changes and developments in the field of health and safety and related areas and advise on any consequential changes in corporate/departmental procedures/practices.