South London, London
£400.00 - £500.00 per day + Depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Head of Service to work within a Learning Disabilities Team for a Local Authority South of London.
- Adult Social Services is going through an exciting transformation, including a transformation LD programme jointly owned with our Health and Community partners. We are looking for an experienced and motivated leader committed to meeting the needs of people with learning disabilities.
- You will ensure that transition and adult social work and a specialist learning disabilities health team, work together to provide a person centred, cost effective and seamless service for people with learning disabilities that promotes independence, choice and control.
- You will be able to work across both children's and adult services and with multiple agencies and functions, including Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, health services, contracts and commissioning and with service providers.
- You will be able to involve, support and work with parents and with people with disabilities. You will be a skilled strategist, able to spot opportunities in the recent Special Educational Needs and Disabilities inspection action plan and in the Council's introduction of outcome based commissioning, to lead social services for people with disabilities. You must have experience of managing registered providers, working with health partners and experience with Learning Disabilities.
- This is an important role and you will be part of the adult senior management team and will report to the Assistant Director of Adult Social Services
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly