£300 - £350 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
An excellent and rewarding opportunity has arisen for the role of 'Head of College, College' in Lambeth, South West London.
As the Head of College, you will articulate and drive a vision for excellence.
*Please be advised that this is a full-time role and not term time*
- You will be responsible for managing and developing the College staff and its curriculum offer from ages 19-25, and for helping to ensure that the students achieve outstanding outcomes in all aspects of learning in a safe and happy environment.
- You will work with the admissions team to promote the college to parents/carers, commissioners and other stakeholders and will maintain and enhance external relationships to improve the experience for students and raise the profile within the sectors in which they operate.
- As a member of the Leadership team, you will actively contribute strategic development of the college and ensuring the organisation values are embedded
- Leadership and Management, to lead and manage the Deputy Head, Middle Leaders, School Teachers, Student Support Assistants, and other staff as directed.
- Ensure the delivery of the highest quality education, therapy, and care for all of its students.
- Developing, motivating, and empowering all staff to carry out their roles to the highest standards, and upholding the values
- Establishing appropriate structures within the school to support leadership at all levels, ensuring clear delegation of tasks, responsibilities, and accountability
- Maintaining and implementing effective systems for the management of staff performance.
- Working with the HR department to recruit and retain high quality staff.
- Ensuring that staff are appropriately trained, monitored, assessed, developed and supported throughout their careers, through high quality continuing professional development based on assessment of needs.
- Working with the Principal to ensure the School is marketed effectively, taking into account relevant stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain highly effective and collaborative working relationships with the other Heads of service
- Work with the Head of Safeguarding to ensure that students at the School are safe and participate in the Safeguarding on-call rota with other senior managers.
- Contributing to the future direction of the School by advising the Leadership Team of relevant developments in the fields of school education and by actively leading on strategic initiatives which build on the School's leading position in the sector
- Promoting the School to prospective and current students and parents/carers.
- Leading the School student admissions process to ensure the admission of appropriate levels and numbers of pupils.
- Proven successful management experience in an educational school setting
- Ability to demonstrate empathy for the needs of young people
- Proven budget management experience
- Experience of managing staff and familiar with staff appraisal, disciplinary procedures, etc.
- Proven ability to manage change
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external bodies
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
A detailed job description is available on request along with employee benefits.
For more information, please APPLY NOW