Waltham Forest, London
£600.00 - £630.00 per day + Depending on experience
about 2 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Head of Portfolio Management Office (PMO) to work for Waltham Forest Council.
As our Head of PMO, you will support the effective delivery of change across Waltham Forest Council. You will be making sure that our Strategic Change portfolio is working within an effective change framework to enable the Management Board and key stakeholders to make decisions in an agile and timely fashion.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for the monitoring and administering of the Council's overarching portfolio of change
- Lead the identification, forecasting, procurement, development, deployment and reassignment of resources throughout the portfolio lifecycle
- Lead a team to follow the project and programme processes and standards to actively manage risks and issues and provide assurance.
- Lead creation, analysis and assurance of portfolio reports. Oversee tolerances, escalation triggers and investment gateways with programme and project teams.
- Understand the different project and programme dependencies and effectively manage these relationships
- Understand and communicate council's governance pathways, supporting the appropriate use of boards to ensure these are timely and effective.
- Develop and implement a measurement framework to monitor continuous improvement.
About you Can you spot potential problems a mile away? Do you love finding better ways to do things? Are you a true PMO star? If yes, then we may have a role for you! We are looking for someone who:
- Is driven to improve public services, and who have a real passion for delivering change at pace in a dynamic environment.
- Has significant practical experience of setting up and managing strategic portfolio offices (PMOs)
- Ideally has experience of delivering PMO outcomes across both waterfall & agile methodologies with a good understanding of the complexities of project/programme delivery.
- Enjoys taking ownership of issue resolution.
- Has experience of outstanding stakeholder management, providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful portfolio outcomes
- Is able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- Has experience of PMO governance set up and facilitation
- Has experience of capability measurement and improvement
You will need to be:
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £350 for each professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly