£500.00 - £600.00 per day + Depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking a Head of Finance to work for Croydon Council.
- The post holders will be responsible for providing the strategic financial lead for the relevant department. They will provide customer focused support to both the Departmental Leadership team (DLT) and the Executive Leadership team (ELT) when required.
- They will ensure that DLT and the budget managers in the department have access to sound and timely financial advice on policy and strategic issues and will be responsible for developing and enhancing the financial management competencies of budget managers.
- They will provide the financial lead on the capital budget proposals for the relevant department and ensure that there is compliance with the Council's corporate financial framework.
- They will lead, manage and develop a financial team to ensure robust support for the organisation and an ability to be flexible with changing demands
Specific Minimum Qualifications and Expertise
- CCAB or CIMA Qualified Accountant
- Extensive knowledge and experience of local government finance
- Knowledge of the main business areas and current issues relevant to the department supported
- Experience of budget setting, financial monitoring and closing the accounts as well as experience of managing the development of significant strategic budgets
- Experience of successfully operating in a political environment
If you are interested and would like to apply please apply to this advert, alternatively please send your CV directly