£70 - £85 per day
6 months ago
Learning Support Assistant
Remedy Education working with an School in Lambeth who are looking to employ passionate and enthusiastic Learning support assistants.
The school I am working with is an Outstanding Primary School who are looking innovative Learning Support Assistants who have a real passion for working 1-1 with children with SEN.
If you are interested in furthering your career in education whether within Special Educational Needs or have ambitions of becoming a class teacher, this role is an excellent starting point and provides valuable experience. You will be working closely with the class teacher and SEN -Coordinator in ensuring the children are supported and progressing.
This successful applicant must be:
- Passionate about complex and special educational needs
- Comfortable working 1:1 with a pupil with learning difficulties
- Experience working with children with special educational needs is desirable
- An excellent and clear communicator
- Patient and able to build rapport with pupils
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who possesses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular literacy and numeracy
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff on a regular basis
This position will be suitable for:
- Graduates (ideally with Special Educational Needs experience)
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification - eg. CACHE Level 3
- A person who has worked in a caring position and has transferable skills
- An experienced Learning Support Assistant wanting a new challenge
- Someone with a real passion for SEN and helping others.
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: £70 - £85 per day
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity? If so, please either apply below or contact Remedy Education directly.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification.
If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and continue to help you in your search for a job within education.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.