£70 - £85 per day
13 days ago
Long term perm
General Primary Teaching Assistant
Full-Time position - Lewisham
- Do you have a passion for developing the minds of young people?
- Are you a good role model who believes that with enough work and commitment anything is possible?
- Maybe you've always wanted to teach but don't have the qualifications or a way into teaching?
Remedy Education are looking for an ambitious General Teaching Assistant who can work in partnership with a Teacher in a Lewisham primary school. We are looking for someone who can motivate and inspire a young group of learners. We want someone who has the ability to support learners, whilst building their confidence and self-belief. It is essential that the right candidate can help our students to see the importance of education and the recognise how valuable and worthwhile learning is.
As a Teaching Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Working with individual or groups of children, assisting in ensuring pupils are kept on task and complete activities set by teachers.
- Dealing with behavioural and special needs issues in conjunction with the teacher
- Delivery of SEN interventions
- Helping to implement lesson plans, aims and contents with the teacher
- Providing feedback to pupils
- Taking charge of small groups of pupils for defined activities
In addition, you will be:
- Working with challenging students away from the classroom as a respite strategy
- Working external to the school site, e.g. on trips and educational visits
- Supervision of students at breaks and lunchtimes
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of teaching children with EAL, SEN, Speech and language difficulties and other complex needs
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements of equal opportunities, discrimination, health and safety, SEN & safeguarding of children
- High expectations of pupils' behaviour and clear strategies for working with challenging pupils
- Ability to motivate and encourage children appropriately
- Ability to work independently, supported by the teacher, with groups of or individual pupils
Essential personal qualities
- Ability to cope with emotionally demanding situations
- The ability to develop and maintain good professional relationships
- Good communication skills and able to clarify and explain instructions clearly
- Commitment to raising the levels of achievement of children of all abilities
- Committed to and be able to actively demonstrate safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students, then we are keen to hear from you. Please email or call the office for an informal chat on, 0208 418 1390.