South London, London
£250.00 - £275.00 per day + Depending on experience
7 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Finance Lead to work across two Local Authorities based in South London.
The Shared Finance Service ambition is to add value, inspire success and this role is part of the Shared Finance Service (SFS) team collectively responsible for delivering SFS activities to realise this ambition.The role provides financial support and advice to budget managers across two Councils, with the aim of enabling them to manage their budgets in a challenging financial environment.
The post holder will mainly support at least one of the service areas of the Councils and will partner and collaborate with colleagues across the Shared Finance Service to provide seamless finance support to our customers.Working closely with the Senior Finance Business Partners and the FE&A Team Leader, you will provide financial management support and advice to service areas across the core financial cycle of budget setting, budget monitoring and closing of the accounts.
You will also act as a critical friend to the business and provide insightful financial analysis to support business improvement and change.
* Deliver advice and guidance in broad area of expertise to ensure customer needs are met.
* Identify and implement improvements in own work area in order to deliver continuous service improvement and improved outcomes to customers.
* Regularly communicate with internal customers to share information and build working relationships to support collaborative working.
* Keep up to date with changes in relevant policy and legislation to ensure delivery in own work area is effective and complies with appropriate regulations/statutory guidance.
* Support and advise budget holders across two Councils in day to day financial management
* Challenge and support budget holders to manage within limited and reducing resources
Essential Knowledge and Experience
* Proven ability to analyse and interpret financial and non-financial information and communicate in a clear and concise manner.
* Proactively seek to develop and improve how the team and the SFS as a whole operates.
* Excellent IT skills including MS excel and Google apps
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with finance and non-finance professionals
* Understanding the operational context of Local Authorities
* Ability to prioritise and manage own workload in light of competing priorities and tight deadlines
* Experience supporting budget managers through the core finance processes of budget setting, monitoring and closing of the accounts.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
* AAT, CCAB or CIMA part qualified/qualified or demonstrable equivalent experience of
* operating at that level.
* Ability to undertake financial evaluations including value for money tests and options appraisals using a range of decision making techniques
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly