Waltham Forest, London
£70 - £90 per day
6 months ago
Early Years Teaching Assistant
*Mainstream Primary school
*Full time 5 days a week, 8.15am-4.00pm
*School term time only
An inclusive and diverse Primary School based in Waltham Forest are seeking a enthusiastic and personable Teaching Assistant to join their team ASAP. This is a long term role with the prospect of becoming permanent.
Due to an additional intake of children this additional role has become available for the Nursery.
As a teaching assistant you will be an integral part in the ongoing development of the children.
You will have responsibilities in the classroom and the playground, including; supporting the class teacher, managing behaviour and expectations, leading intervention groups, provided support to children on an individual and small group basis and promote the schools ethos and continued success.
* Previous experience of working as a Teaching Assistant or Nursery Nurse would be an advantage although not essential
* Ideally have a relevant childcare qualification (NVQ 2/3, NNEB equivalent or a degree in childcare or education.
* A calm, kind and dedicated approach to supporting children in the classroom
* Have an understanding of how children learn and a desire to work with children
* A real passion for early years learning and who is keen to join our excellent EYFS team.
About the school:
* Serving a multicultural, diverse community
* The school offer an excellent range of extracurricular and enrichment activities and encourage all staff and children to take part.
* Well-resourced and committed to raising standards for all pupils
Remedy Education is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout Waltham Forest As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.