Durham, County Durham
£190 - £196.09 per hour
2 months ago
Our client, Durham County Council is looking for an independent Reviewing Officer to join their team (East, South and Fostering)
- To act as an independent Chairperson in Looked after Reviews, and chair Child Protection Conferences, Private Fostering Reviews, Secure Accommodation Reviews, Foster Carer Reviews, disruption meetings and complex planning meetings.
- The ability to communicate with children, young people, and their families. To ensure the child's views are considered by the local authority.
- To have the sufficient relevant social work experience in children's social care to undertake the required functions.
- To have the confidence and ability to work constructively with senior managers, offering a critical perspective and appropriate challenge.
- To have a thorough understanding of the Care Planning Regulations and legal framework relating to looked after children and care leavers, including knowledge of National Minimum Standards and Fostering Regulations, and the Adoption Agencies Regulations.
- To have a thorough understanding of the legal process and the issues involved when a local authority makes an application for a care order.
- A thorough knowledge of 'Working Together' and quality practice in working with children and families to safeguard children and promote their welfare
- To develop effective quality assurance mechanisms in order to ensure compliance with the requirements of Children and Young People's Services, Local Safeguarding Children's Board Procedures, and Department of Education requirements.
- To link with social workers and team managers across the Children and Young People's Services in order to ensure effective care planning, development of good practice and positive outcomes for children and young people.
- To play an active role in Local Safeguarding Children's Board processes and ensure effective working relationships are established with colleagues in other agencies involved in provision of services for children.
- To participate in a range of audit and other monitoring activity as part of the wider service development function.
- To put effective systems in place, which will ensure that all children within the Looked After System have an appropriate Permanency Plan.
- To offer specialist advice, information and guidance about policy, procedures, legislation, guidance and local processes.
- To participate in a range of corporate and Children and Young People's Services activities as determined by the Head of Service.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.