Dudley, West Midlands
about 1 month ago
Our client, Dudley Council is looking for Family Support Worker to join their team.
- Carrying out high quality Early Help assessments, develop and implement high quality Early Help Family Support plans.
- Working in partnership with families to ensure that they are provided with the right support at the right time to promote the welfare of children and young people living within the family.
- Reducing the risk of abuse and neglect and the need for statutory social care intervention.
- Proactively engage and support the most vulnerable and challenging children, young people and their families to strengthen the family and improve their outcomes, develop their resilience and reduce dependency upon specialist services.
- Delivering a 'Think Family' approach ensuring that all services working with the family are coordinated and work effectively together whilst maintaining a focus upon the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people.
- Implementing, monitoring and reviewing family support intervention plans, including the delivery of evidence-based parenting programmes, activities and group work sessions to strengthen family resilience.
- Enabling the development of positive strategies to enable families to gain and maintain independence and control over all aspects of their lives and contribute positively within the community.
- Working assertively with families with complex often interrelated problems including reducing truancy and school exclusion, improving under attainment and aspiration through education, learning and employment, reducing antisocial behavior and crime, improving health and developing a healthy lifestyle, maintaining and sustaining tenancies.
- Contributing to high quality assessments to secure the best outcomes for children and young people. Working alongside social workers to implement the Care plan when statutory intervention is required.
- Ensuring that all children, young people and vulnerable adults are adequately protected in line with Dudley Safeguarding Children and Adult Board reporting procedures.
- Working as an effective team member positively implementing the Early Help strategy, prioritising the needs of families in need of support and intervention
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly