Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£30 - £32 per hour
about 2 months ago
Our client, Doncaster Children's Services Trust is looking for a social worker to join their Childrens team.
Provide a local professional social care service for children, young people and families in need.
Contribute to a range of voluntary and statutory social work activities and carry out professional social work tasks in accordance with recognised social work procedures, evidence based practice and professional social work ethics.
Manage a case load of "children in need" "at risk of significant harm and / or "looked after," adhering to legislative and procedural requirements, ensuring the best possible outcomes for the children concerned.
- To undertake procedurally compliant assessments and section 47 enquiries that clearly identify levels and types of risk or need based on documented evidence.
- To record and analyse information gathered during the process of social care assessment in line with the case recording policy, local and national guidance and best practice principles.
- To undertake assessments in such a way as to lead to clear associated plans that address the issues identified for children in Doncaster.
- To practice with a clear understanding of the relevant legislative principles, an up to date knowledge of research, emerging case law and best practice guidance.
- Engage with children, their carers and families in such a way as to clearly understand their circumstances, wishes and feelings and form conclusions which direct longer term interventions focussed on the best interests of the child.
- To have involvement in the process of taking and recording children's contacts and referrals, contributing to achieving a full understanding of the issues being referred, the relative urgency, the level of risk or need and the action needed in individual cases.
- Assist in the provision of court statements and prepare reports that may be required by the courts and bodies in connection with children's services
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.