Direct Offer Officer to join incredible team to deliver this ambitious flagship project at Hackney Council.
The Move-On Project is an ambitious project within Hackney Council to create and progress pathways in to settled housing for homeless applicants on Hackney's housing register.
This particular role within the team is to co-ordinate and where necessary enforce offers of suitable accommodation for customers who are currently within the Temporary Accommodation system in Hackney Council.
The role will include (but is not limited to):
- Drafting offer and viewing letters according to allocations made by our lettings and Temporary Accommodation teams.
- Delivering offer letters, viewing letters and enforcement notices.
- Administering travel arrangements for viewings inside and outside of Hackney (and sometimes London).
- Administer and arrange support packages for customers (such as arranging furniture to be ordered and delivered).
- Helping customers to find, arrange and administer their own removal arrangements.
- Have challenging conversations with customers who have excessively high expectations or who may be disappointed with their offers.
- Provide solid homelessness and housing options advice to customers based on their individual circumstances.
- Operate a case load of Move On customers and complete "Move On Plans" (similar to personal housing plans), when offer rates are low.
- Liaise and co-ordinate all aspects of the offer and moving process between the Move On Officers, Discharge Officers and Procurement Officers.
- Complete post-tenancy support visits.
- Stand in to for other team members where necessary.
- Co-ordinations and delivery of various bespoke projects and operations to create move on in selected groups of customers.
- Any other task that assists with the moving on of customers from temporary accommodation to settled accommodation.
Being a new project, there are many hurdles and challenges to overcome and we are looking for a driven, flexible and open minded officer to join our exceptional team to deliver this flagship project across the coming months.
The individual needs to be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of current Housing Options practice in the public sector and have some knowledge of homelessness legislation.
Primarily however, we are looking for an officer with a genuine 'can do' attitude with a track record of delivering against managing multiple demands, whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
In addition the officer will need to be able to adapt quickly to regularly changing working practice whilst the project both moves forward and develops at the same time.
Demonstrable knowledge of sales, coaching and influence techniques are a plus.
The role is predominantly field based and will involve travel locally and also to various parts of the country (reimbursed). There will also be some working at unsocial hours and possibly overnight stays where it makes business sense.
Relationship building and networking are also key skills that are beneficial, as we are looking to form new connections with support bodies and third sector suppliers to promote tenancy sustainability.
Call Bronte on 0208 418 7677