£240 - £310 per day
14 days ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education are working closely with a primary school based in South East London, Southwark area who are looking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher for a September 2021 start.
The Deputy Headteacher at these amazing Primary school is responsible for the quality of teaching and learning and the pastoral welfare of the girls throughout the school. As Deputy Head, the post involves supporting the Headteacher and deputising in their absence.
Particular requirements of the Deputy Headteacher role:
* Act as the Designated Safeguarding Lead, which includes responsibility for online safety. The DSL's responsibility includes overseeing the school's IT filtering systems;
* Act as the SENDCo
* Teach as agreed with the Headteacher, and according to subject specialisms
* Assist in promoting the Catholic Life of the School with the Head of Catholic Life.
* Work closely with sister school on specific priorities such as the Early Years.
Main Purpose of the Deputy Headteacher Job:
* Inspire high personal standards of work, teaching and professional conduct throughout the school;
* Coordinate and monitor continuity and progression in teaching and learning throughout the school;
* Lead on the planning, teaching and learning, with the Headteacher including regular observations of all staff - teachers, specialists & TAs to assist in the school's appraisal programme; covered in SENDCO role mentioned above;
* Produce the annual timetables and monitor effective planning, assessment and record keeping throughout the school;
* Assist the Headteacher with the 11+ School Transfer process, including writing pupil references and meeting with individual parents as necessary to discuss and resolve matters of concerns;
* Manage and develop pupil tracking, behaviour, academic reports and design and quality assure reports and templates;
* Oversee the management, monitoring and moderation of data on pupils' academic progress, assist staff in the interpretation of data derived from external tests and produce the Annual Progress and Achievement Report
This role is commence from September/October 2021 - depending on the right candidates availability. Experienced Deputy Headteacher candidates or those looking for progression are welcome to apply. Please apply for this Deputy Headteacher role with an updated CV ASAP, Interviews are taking place imminently.
At Remedy Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.