£75 - £90 per day
6 days ago
Long term perm
Criminology Graduate Opportunity - Teaching Assistant - LSA - Mentor - Southwark
Are you a recent Criminology graduate with an interest in working with students who have a range of learning and behavioural needs?
If so, then we can help to kick start your career by supporting you with finding paid work experience in a special school setting.
This is an ideal opportunity for an aspiring youth justice worker, prison liaison officer or behaviour mentor, amongst other career pathways. You can utilise this opportunity to quality, first-hand experience in a specialist school environment. You will have the opportunity to work with SEMH needs, Autism and students with complex needs that will also require support with personal care. The schools we work with will be closely matched to your skills, interests and career aspirations.
- Graduate Learner Support Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Behaviour Mentor, Youth Worker
- £65 to £75 daily rate (5-day week - 8.30am to 3.30pm)
- Special needs schools and mainstream settings with specialist provision (SEMH, ASC, EBD, PMLD, SLD)
- Full time and part time roles, flexible working hours and short and long term contracts
- Start as soon as possible or in September 2021
What is involved:
- Providing assistance and supervision for children's behaviour during the school day
- Assisting children to understand and participate in class
- Assisting with note taking while supporting literacy and numeracy
- Working with a class, a small group or individual learners
- Encouraging the development of social skills and supporting students' individual needs
- Helping to build confidence and motivation
- Participating in team meetings and training programmes as an active member of a team
- Maintaining progress records
- Supporting regulations pertaining to safeguarding
What is required:
- An Undergraduate Degree in Criminology is essential and a relevant masters degree will be highly desirable
- Experience working with vulnerable children is also highly desirable
- Good general education levels in English and Maths - A Levels are preferable
- A co-operative working style and practical approach to solving problems
- Good interpersonal and communication skill and a caring attitude
- Flexibility in terms of working patterns
Contact Carly Walters on, 0208 418 1390 to find out if this is the role with that you have been searching for.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants will be required to hold or undertake an Enhanced DBS check and be fully vetted. We appreciate the time invested in submitting applications for the role, and will be reviewing submissions as soon as received and getting in touch! If you have not heard from us within five days please accept that your application has not been successful but we thank you for applying.