Coventry, West Midlands
£25 - £27 per hour
13 days ago
Our client, Coventry city council is looking for a social worker to join their looked after children team.
- To hold a recognised social work qualification and be able to provide evidence of registration to the GSCC.
- At least 2 years Post qualification social work experience required in a Children and Families Team.
- Knowledge of key legislation relevant to social care
- Experience of working with children subject to a child Protection Plan.
- Experience of Court work including writing statements of evidence for court .
- Knowledge of the functions of a health and social care department and related agencies.
- Knowledge of methods to plan and review services for the LAC.
- Experience of managing a complex caseload.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work and manage time effectively.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with children, parents and health professionals.
- Experience of producing reports for a variety of audiences.
- Good IT skills.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Child focused.
- Knowledge of social diversity and equal opportunities and the ability to demonstrate this throughout all aspects of practice.
- This post requires DBS and Children's Barred List check.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly