£650.00 - £800.00 per day + Depending on experience
25 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Consultant in Public Health to work within Southwark Council.
- On behalf of the local authority, the postholder working with the DPH and other consultant colleagues, will lead on improving the health and wellbeing of the residents.
- The postholder will take responsibility for key strategic objectives of the local authority and the Health & Wellbeing Board and act as a change agent to enable delivery of relevant outcome indicators from the public health, NHS and social care outcome frameworks.
- The postholder will be expected to work across organisations, be able to influence budgets held by those organisations as well as advocate for change effectively.
- The post holder will have direct managerial responsibility for services and budgets which directly contribute to these objectives but they will usually also have substantially greater strategic responsibilities across the council and other agencies.
- Strategic objectives include: Ensure development and maintenance of systems and processes to enable the authority to work with partners to respond to major incidents including health protection threats.
- The post holder on behalf of the authority and the DPH will lead on those aspects that the Secretary of State delegates to the authority.
- She/he will ensure that partner organisations (PHE, CCGs, NHS England and VCS) have appropriate mechanisms, to enable surge capacity to be delivered as and when required.
- On behalf of the authority to take responsibility for ensuring delivery of the public health mandated services and local priorities such that the full range of benefits are delivered to residents of the 2 Final 16.02.21 authority.
- These services include behavioural health (tobacco, alcohol and drugs, HIV, sexual and reproductive health, mental health, loneliness and isolation), digital public health and public health commissioning. This will include taking responsibility for the relevant outcome indicators within the PHE, NHS (and Social Care) Outcome frameworks, local performance plans and working across organisational boundaries.
Qualified and GMC Full and Specialist Register with a license to practice/GDC Specialist List or Inclusion in the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly