£80 - £90 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education are looking for an LSA to work at this SEND school in Greenwich that provides education for children with complex needs. The school offers a personalised program to ensure all children have an opportunity to thrive and prepare for adulthood. The school has plenty of green space or children to enjoy outside space. They have specialist resources including a sensory room, soft play room, creative technology room, and a food technology room. The school offers other resources such as Eye Gaze and Rebound Therapy.
The children are aged 14 to 19 years old and all have an EHCP.
Responsibilities and duties
- Working alongside a classroom teacher and other teaching assistants depending on the class needs.
- Supporting pupils with complex, special needs and potentially challenging behaviours and following work plans provided
- Supervising, recording and modelling safe behaviour within the class, around the school and when on out of school activities.
- There will be opportunities to assist in the development, reviewing and monitoring of pupils learning plans.
- Must have at least 1 years' experience of working with children this could also involve sports coaching, music teaching or dance teaching or other areas.
- Need strong communication and empathy skills
- Need to build rapport with pupils, parents and carers from a variety of backgrounds.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and positive.
- Available 3-5 days per week, 9am - 4pm Mon - Fri
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/Police checks
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview.