£250.00 - £300.00 per day + Depending on experience
25 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Commissioning Officer to work within Southwark Council.
- In addition to substance misuse commissioning responsibilities, the candidate, working under the leadership of the DAAT Unit Manager and with other community safety teams, will deliver wider community safety commissioning projects, including Violence against Women and Girls (VAWG) / domestic abuse as part of an holistic approach to commissioning across the business unit.
- To work jointly with lead commissioners, service managers, subject specialists and stakeholders across the service and its partners to assess current commissioning arrangements for specific areas of service provision (Public Health funded drug and alcohol treatment services), develop, and deliver an appropriate commissioning programme for the specified services.
- To maintain a strategic overview of service performance and contract compliance for allocated Community Safety and Partnerships' work streams through liaison with lead commissioning officers, providers and officers within the Community Safety and Partnership' service.
- To manage projects relating to the development, improvement and specification of services, working closely with lead commissioners and other officers and liaising as required with finance, legal and procurement officers to ensure compliance with the Council's contract and finance standing orders and its interface with partners' commissioning and procurement requirements
- Degree or equivalent recent and relevant experience at an equivalent level
- Relevant professional qualification in Commissioning and/or Procurement, or recent relevant experience.
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation, statutory duties, responsibilities, and best practice in commissioning Public Health funded drug and alcohol treatment services.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Council and Department's objectives and goals to improve health and wellbeing for the local community, including more vulnerable children, young people and adults.
- Understanding of the principles and best practice in the commissioning and monitoring of Public Health funded drug and alcohol treatment services for children, young people and adults.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly