£12 - £16 per day
16 days ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education are working with a Secondary school who are looking for a School chef/Cook to start ASAP.
In your role as Chef under the direction of the line manager you will assist the establishment in the day-to-day operations and food production in accordance with company quality standards and hygiene, health and safety standards.
Chef duties will include:
* Manage a section within the kitchen
* Maintain detailed knowledge of the full menu and is able to explain dish descriptions
* Assisting the Manager/Chef in planning menus, setting prices and achieving and maintain budgeted food costs
* Instructs apprentices and other trainees in food production methods
* Receives and stores product properly
* Ensure minimum food wastage
* Ensure stock is rotated and controlled
* Creative with food presentation and preparation
* Ensure temperature records and monitoring is completed on a daily basis
This could suit a more junior chef looking to learn and progress their skills as further training can be provided.
If you are a chef looking for a work life balance whilst still maintaining quality dishes then this could be the role for you.
Please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education on, 0208 418 1390.