Kingston upon Thames, Surrey
£30.00 - £32.00 per hour + Depending on experience
13 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking a Qualified Care Manager to work within a Transitions Team for Kingston Upton Thames London Borough Council.
We require a qualified social worker to join our team as a care manager with specific responsibility for transitions (young people approaching the transition to adult services). This is an ideal opportunity for a social worker wishing to gain experience in this specialised role.
We are a Mental Health Social Care Team, responsible for undertaking the Royal Borough of Kingston's statutory duties for people with complex mental health needs. We are co-located and work closely with the NHS Mental Health Trust and other statutory partners. We require a qualified social worker to join our team as a locum, as we are currently experiencing work load pressures through reorganisation and staff on long term training for the AMHP role.
The successful applicant will:
- Be fully responsible for managing a a caseload of customers with complex needs, with a specific focus on transitions cases. This is an ideal opportunity for a social worker wishing to gain experience in this specialised role.
- Undertake statutory duties related to the care of adults and of their carers as defined in the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005 with an emphasis on Care Act Assessments and Safeguarding.
- Provide a professional social work intervention aimed at achieving specific outcomes in order to improve the customers wellbeing, independence, & recovery .
- Undertake effective work in collaboration with health colleagues from Mental Health Trusts in order to provide an effective integrated health and social care service. For the transitions caseload, this will consist of joint work with children's services via our transitions hub.
- Sound knowledge of the Care Act 2014, and local authority procedures with regard to the above are essential requirements for the role. We do not require a qualified AMHP, but knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Care Programme Approach would be advantageous.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly