Bury, Greater Manchester
£28 - £30 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client, Bury Council is looking for a qualified transitions social worker to join their developing Children with Disabilities Team.
The Children with Disabilities Team is a specialist social work team. They work with some of the most severely disabled children and their families; working with children in need, children subject to child protection plans, looked after children, care proceedings and children with a plan of adoption.
Bury Council are looking for an experienced Social Worker whom has experience of working with children young people and their families and is committed to achieving good outcomes for children with disabilities.
Expected to have experience within CWD and/or Transitions
Pay rate will be £30 per hour (role does not include Court work)
* Responsible for a caseload of children with complex needs. Undertaking statutory assessments, writing reports
* Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases adhering to statutory timescales.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with children, their families and carers.
* Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
* Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
* Maintain and update case records as per statutory guidance.
* Write high quality reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
* Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative.
* Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.