Bury, Greater Manchester
£29 - £30 per hour
about 2 months ago
For the attention for all AMHP's
An exciting secondment opportunity has arisen in Bury Council to cover the Criminal Justice Team Social Worker to cover for permanent recruitment to the post
In addition to the day-to-day CJMH SW role, the post holder will also support the duty AMHP rota twice a month and therefore should also hold a current AMHP licence to practice, an addition licence will be provided to undertake MHAA on behalf of Bury Council.
This is a specialist role and is both challenging and rewarding, where no two days are the same. You will be working remotely between home and Humphrey House, to support the innovative Engine Room Public Service Reform Hub, and be part of a wider criminal justice mental health team and Duty AMHP.
We are looking for someone who will already have CJMH experience or have an ambition to broaden their practice around managing complex repeat demand cases. You should be interested in working with an integrated approach with partner agencies to make a real difference to residents of Bury.
Essential skills required for this post:
-Proven experience of working with customers with complex needs
-Experience of multidisciplinary and multi- agency working in mental health care with complex cases
-Working knowledge of current Mental Health legislation and guidance in relation to Safeguarding and Vulnerable Adults
- A good understanding of national recommendations and guidance in offender Mental Health and offender pathways
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the principles and application of the Diversion processes within criminal justice system.
- Ability to work in a high pressure clinical environment
-Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to manage own emotions and those of others
- AMPH qualification and experience of comprehensive mental health assessment skills
Desirable skills or experience:
-Experience of completing forensic assessments and risk assessments within police, prison and court environments
-Experience of liaison and diversion schemes within criminal justice e.g. MVOP, Channel, MAPPA
You will be provided with support operationally day to day by the Criminal Justice Team manager.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.