£75 - £85 per day
21 days ago
Long term perm
BSL Teaching Assistant - Bromley
Remedy Education are looking for BSL Teaching Assistants who are proficient, certified and have experience using British Sign Language (BSL) to start ASAP.
- BSL Teaching Assistant
- Bromley, Orpington
- £75.00 - £85.00 per day
This exciting opportunity will mean the successful BSL Teaching Assistant will be working 1:1 with children and young people aged 2-19 years with profound and multiple learning difficulties and sensory impairment, including deaf-blindness, physical disability, and complex medical needs.
The Role in Summary:
- You will be required to support and assist with the development of students with hearing impairments.
- You will have the opportunity to work with visually impaired students, in which you will be able to develop an understanding for tactile signing as well as utilising BSL.
- You will be required to encourage self-confidence, differentiate the work to meet the student's needs and create a fun and engaging learning environment for students across all ages.
- You will be key in ensuring the child develops their learning to access skill's, helping teachers within the school to create an inclusive environment that allows this student to reach their full potential.
- Certified in British Sign language (BSL) - minimum level 2 qualification
- Experience working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Ability to relay BSL from hearing impaired students to non-signing students
- Be dedicated, engaging and inspiring
- Be committed to ensuring pupils make good sustained progress
- Passionate about inspiring learners to reach their full potential
- Assist and support the classroom teacher with their day-to-day running of a class.
If you feel this is the right role for you please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education on, 0208 418 1390.