£26 - £28.04 per hour
20 days ago
Our client, Bracknell Forest Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Adults team.
- To work as a Social Worker as part of a multi-disciplinary team. To provide support to older people with diagnosed memory problems who need social care because of their mental health and/or memory problems to ensure safe discharge from hospital
- To work in collaboration with colleagues from health and social care to facilitate a co-ordinated discharge back into community.
- To work in collaboration with the intermediate care team to facilitate reablement when identified.
- The team works closely with colleagues in the NHS to ensure that needs are met holistically and, in the ways, most appropriate to the person and their family carers.
- The role is to coordinate the identification of those needs and develop support plans to meet those needs within the personal budget available, maximising choice, control and independence.
- To ensure that the social care needs of people are met, within the eligibility criteria of the department, by working in partnership with people who use the service, their carers, professionals and other agencies, and service providers.
- To support in delivering and maintaining high standards of performance ensuring continuous development and supporting people to fulfil their roles to maximum effectiveness within allocated resources.
- To apply a strength-based approach, using the conversations model to connect people to their community/social network, and problem solve together.
- Work with people, including advocates and carers, to develop person-centred plans designed to meet needs in ways that maximises independence, choice and control, and are legal and affordable.
- To communicate with compassion the council's procedures, legal expectations and current processes.
- To undertake comprehensive multi-disciplinary assessment, utilising the resource allocation tool, taking into consideration the Mental Health Act and the Mental Capacity Act, of people living in the community of Bracknell Forest Borough.
- To maintain close liaison with acute / community wards to assist in the appropriate discharge to Intermediate Care Services as part of the Intermediate Care system.
- To negotiate adequate and effective discharge and follow-up arrangements for people with ongoing Mental Health needs from Intermediate care Services.
- To assess risk with the aim to reduce it and make professional judgement about balance of risk and acceptable risk levels
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
* Substantial experience in a Referral & Assessment team.
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.