£32 - £35 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client, Blackpool Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Children Assessment team.
We focus on safeguarding children and improving their outcomes, Join us on our improvement journey.
Our Assessment and Support Teams undertakes Child & Family Assessments, supports children & families via Child in Need Plans on a short term basis and ensuring the partnership agencies offer ongoing Early Help Support. The teams also undertake S7 private family court proceedings, Section 47 child protection enquiries and supports families to prepare for Initial Child protection Conferences. At times the service commences Initial Care Proceedings to safeguard children in emergency situations and undertake joint assessments with Housing regarding young people who are homeless.
You will have the opportunity to develop trusting relationships with children and their families. Using our restorative and strength based co-produced Blackpool Families Rock approach we support families to have great outcomes and prevent children's needs from escalating. You will be supported to develop a relationship with your manager, have regular supervision, support from our Practice Development Team, excellent training opportunities and access to tools and resources to assist in your day to day work.
Candidates must be able to meet the following criteria:
· Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct workmethods
· At least 2 years' experiencein statutory children's social work
· Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
· Experience of court work
· Experience of managing a varied and complex case load
· Ability to write concise,fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up todate and accurate records.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Experience of inputting into children's services data systems (Mosaic;ICS)
· Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.