13 days ago
our client, Blackpool Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Adoption team.
you will be required to undertake statutory visits to the child placed in the adoptive home. Experience of writing Child Permanence reports would be of advantage, as well as completing Annex A Suitability to Adopt reports.
We work closely with the Adoption Lancashire & Blackpool in family finding for children in achieving permanence; attending matching meetings and case management for the placement of our children with adoptive families
Travel across the UK will be a necessary part of the role when required. A mixture of office and home working. Currently Blackpool have a rota of one week in the office and one week working from home.
You will be supported by the team manager with regular supervision and support provided.
Candidates must be able to meet the following criteria:
· Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct workmethods
· At least 2 years' experience in statutory children's social work
· Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
· Experience of court work
· Experience of managing a varied and complex case load
· Ability to write concise,fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up todate and accurate records.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Experience of inputting into children's services data systems (Mosaic;ICS)
· Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
* Substantial experience in a Referral & Assessment team.
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.