Birmingham, West Midlands
£28 - £29.93 per hour
2 months ago
Our client, is looking for 10 senior social workers to join their safeguarding team.
To provide time limited intervention and intensive support to families who are in crisis or where dysfunctional relationships between young people (aged 12 to 16) and their families are leading to an immediate risk of family breakdown. Interventions will be aimed at preventing the escalation in family breakdown and to stabilise the child or young person's situation thus enabling them to remain in the community. A variety of social work interventions will be used including casework, direct work on an outreach basis, and if appropriate, group work or other social work services relevant to meeting the assessed needs of individuals and families.
- To respond flexibly and rapidly to requests for interventions and support packages to maintain young people with their families in the community.
- To work closely with colleagues in Children's Specialist Services to monitor and review cases as part of Southwark's strategy to reduce the number of children and young people becoming looked after by the local authority.
- To ensure that practice responds positively and sensitively to cultural, religious, linguistic and ethnic diversity and in relation to gender, sexual orientation, family status and ability.
Responsibilities of the social worker:
- Manage a workload of cases which includes the assessment and supervision of looked after children, child protection, children in need and carers to compile plans of service needs
- Carry out statutory supervision and child care planning
- Maintain performance in line with agreed personal targets to ensure that the local and nation targets for the team and service are achieved
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly