£25 - £27 per hour
20 days ago
Our client, Bexley Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Adults LD team.
Main purpose of the job:
- To provide information and support to young people with learning disabilities and their families enabling them through assessment to achieve person centred transition planning.
- To provide this service in line with the Care Act 2014
- To overcome the long-standing and nationally recognised problems experienced by this group of people as they move from Children's to Adult services at 18 years of age by provision of a seamless service.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assess the needs of people with physical and learning disabilities or Work with young people, families, and significant others to facilitate person centred plans to ensure best outcomes.
- Undertake Needs Assessments and produce person centred care plans for this group of young people.
- Play the lead role in the transition of young people from children to adult services and where appropriate, carry out joint visits and assessments as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be the named Social Worker for young people with a moderate to severe learning disability who are aged 14 to 25 years (in transition) and their families.
- Work with the named Social Worker in the Disabled Children's service.
- Attend in borough and out of borough school and college reviews.
- Ensure that regular contact is maintained with those young people and their families who are at residential college.
- Ensure that child protection and adult protection procedures are followed, undertaking court attendance as required.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly