West London, London
£15 - £16 per hour
3 months ago
Benefits Administrator - West London
The successful candidate will require the following-
- Distribute the daily post using Document Image Processing software.
- Answer telephone enquiries and record details.
- Conduct interviews with claimants and their representatives.
- Visit claimants who are unable to come to the Town Hall.
- Write letters to gather evidence and information to correctly assess benefit.
- Liaise with other departments and persons deemed necessary to resolve and assess benefit claims.
- Verify original documents at the reception and in the post.
- Access DWP computer records to confirm entitlement to Job Seekers Allowance and Income Support.
- Cancel claims promptly.
- Assess entitlement to basic Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit claims.