£80 - £90 per day
7 days ago
Autism Specialist Teaching Assistant - Newham East London
Remedy Education are currently looking for a Autism specialist to work in a lovely Specialist School in Newham London London with progressive workforce and top-of-the-range facilities.
The role is starting immediately and it full time ongoing.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of working with ASD students, and have an extensive background within Education. An Enhanced DBS is necessary for this position.
The candidate will need:
- Experience of working with special needs children aged 5 - 18 years
- Must hold a valid DBS certificate
- Experience of teaching children with PMLD and other associated challenging behaviours
- A commitment to working with children with special educational needs
- Must Assist in Personnel Care
- Ability to manage confrontation & challenging behaviour
- Ability to adapt and respond to children needs and plan accordingly
- Must be an energetic and enthusiastic team player
- Must have patience
- Be proactive
- Ideally have good experience working one to one as a teaching assistant.
- Work well in a team
- Have a positive attitude
- Have a passion for working with children with Special Needs
The school is located less than ten minutes away from Newham and close to a variety of amenities and has local transport links.
Our Clients are educational establishments seeking experienced Special Needs Assistants to start ASAP for day to day and long term contracts which could possibly lead to permanent contracts. Our Clients specialise in providing care and support to children with Special Needs and behavioural difficulties within the Education/ Special Needs sector.
Please apply now or contact Sophie at Remedy for more information.