£13 - £15 per hour
29 days ago
Welfare Officer - September 2022 start
Welfare Officer - London Borough of Wandsworth
Welfare Officer - Temporary - Permanent
Welfare Officer - £15-£17 an hour
Welfare Officer - Hours, 8.30am until 2.30pm, Monday to Friday
Are you wanting to work alongside the pastoral team at a school?
Do you have experience in login attendance on a school system?
Have you worked in student welfare before?
Welfare Officer - Information about the role
Remedy Education are seeking an experienced Welfare and Attendance officer to join the team at one of our schools based in Wandworth. The right candidate will have had some experience in these roles before, whether that be together or separate.
The role will include responsibilities such as:
- Receive telephone calls and messages from parents regarding students who will be late/absent and informing relevant Form Tutors.
- * Telephone parents of children who are absent and make records of such telephone calls.
- * Monitor student lateness and attendance.
- * Provide reports re attendance and punctuality to relevant staff and outside agencies.
- * Analyse information on attendance and punctuality and agree interventions with Pastoral staff. * Complete concern letters regarding students' lateness/absence
- * Work with Pastoral staff and Local Authority regarding attendance/punctuality that's a concern.
- * Provide First Aid to students/staff.
- * Accompany students to hospital (in an emergency) when parents are unable to do so.
- * Liaise with relevant staff over students whose welfare is causing concern.
- * Ensure that medications are kept safely.
- * Liaise with outside agencies to ensure that students with medical conditions needs are met.
Welfare Officer - Information about the School
The school is based in Wandsworth and is a well established mixed School. The school strives to support all its students in a personal and professional way, and the pastoral and welfare team are a huge part of this.