£140 - £190 per day
25 days ago
- ALS Assistant
- Lewisham Primary School
- Part-time (3 or 4 days a week)
- Long term contract
A busy primary school are looking for an Assistant SENCO to support their SENCO on a part-time basis.
In this role you will be working under the direction of the school's SENCO. You will be assisting with SEN assessments for pupils across the school, report writing and attending meetings and completing other administrative tasks relating to the SEN department.
The school are ideally looking for someone who has experience in supporting pupils with SEND and has a desire to learn more about the SENCO role in a primary setting. You will ideally have some experience working in administration and be highly proficient in using Microsoft office and be able to quickly pick up bespoke school software.
You should have excellent verbal and written English and a committed and resilient attitude to your work.
- To assist the SENCO in leading the provision for SEN within school.
- To manage appropriate resources for Special Needs and Learning Support
- To support the development of SEN resources as required
- To support the provision of SEN, including the allocation of support time and the writing of Pupil Profiles
- To liaise with relevant outside agencies as required
- Ensuring that accurate and detailed records are kept of meetings and discussions with parents and outside agencies.
- Creating data to identify pupils who are seriously underachieving and where necessary support the creation of plans of action to support those pupils.
- To work with the SENCO to promote an inclusive curriculum.
This role is offered on a part-time contract basis starting ASAP. The school are able to accommodate either a 3 or 4 days a week.
This 2 form entry junior school is based in Lewisham with excellent transport links. Pupils are well-behaved and engaged in learning and there is excellent parental engagement and support. It is very well-run and staff feel valued and are offered training and progression within their roles. With good transport links and potential future job opportunities this is an excellent school environment to join.
If you have a suitable level of experience, please apply with an up to date CV.
We have a policy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Remedy Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.