£70 - £80 per day
4 days ago
Long term perm
Aspiring Educational Psychologist - Learning Support - Teaching Assistant - Greenwich - Psychology Graduates.
- Do you have aspirations of becoming an Educational Psychologist?
- Do you have experience working with children that have complex learning, social and communication difficulties?
- Do you want the opportunity to gain experience working alongside a diverse team of professional's including clinical psychologists, speech and language therapists, and occupational therapists?
Psychology graduates wanted - Similar degrees will be considered!
Children at the school have various difficulties including communication difficulties, difficulties associated with Asperger's Syndrome and higher Functioning Autism, as well as emotional difficulties.
Furthermore, the children are likely to experience challenges with social communication and interaction with others, and may have additional issues around their understanding of the social rules. These difficulties can affect their emotional wellbeing, behaviour and ability to participate in education.
The school provides support for children from age 6 to 11 in a safe environment that focuses on helping them engage with learning and enjoy school life. Classes comprise between 6 and 8 students.
The focus is on specialist teaching and therapeutic support that gives each child the opportunity to work at a pace that is right for it. The aim is to build self-esteem and confidence, work on strategies to support students' individual needs, and enable them to focus on their education and develop their social skills. The team of professional teachers work closely with therapists to ensure the physical and emotional support of the children, and the school has excellent facilities that offers both clinical and therapeutic input that is fully integrated into the classroom throughout the school day
Therapeutic elements are led by a Speech and Language Therapist (SALT), Occupational Therapist (OT), Clinical Psychologist and ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant).
- Establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the School
- Promote and encourage independence and personal development
- Support the Class Teacher in all areas of the day to day running of the class
- Respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to tasks that aim to achieve the smooth running of the school
- To promote pupils' cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am until 4.15pm
- £70 to £80 daily rate
- Industry advice from an experienced consultant with a background in Special Educational Needs
- Tailored interview and trial preparation to ensure you are feeling confident and well prepared